Audi and BMW are the two most prominent luxury brands. These are two of the most popular luxury car brands. It can be hard to choose if you are considering one of these brands for your next purchase. What’s the difference between them? Which is the best? Let’s look at the Audi vs. BMW comparison to help you better understand what to expect from your vehicle.
You can read on for more information about the Audi vs. BMW comparison. There are so many things you love about each luxury vehicle, and even more that you can talk about when comparing them. Let’s get into an Audi vs. BMW comparison, so you can feel more confident when making your next luxury car purchase.
What Is the Main Difference between BMW and Audi?
- Audi is part of the Volkswagen Group, which also has Bentley, Lamborghini Lamborghini and Bugatti. BMW, as well as Mini, also own Rolls-Royce. Audi shares many components of its cars thanks to this partnership. The Audi A3 shares a portion of its platform and powertrains with the VW Golf, while the Audi Q7 shares many parts with Porsche Cayenne.
- BMW has a broader selection of engines and hybrid powertrains. The 3 Series and X5 continue to have a strong interest in this unique six-cylinder engine. BMW also uses four-cylinder, V6 and eight-cylinder inline engines. The M760i sedan has a twin-turbo V12 of 6.6-litres with 600 horsepower. All of BMW’s engines have turbocharged. This means exhaust gases spin a turbine, forcing fresh air into a machine. This increases power without sacrificing fuel economy.
- Audi’s turbocharging is also used extensively. But its V6 is still in use in the Q7.
- BMW customers have access to more dealers across the country than Audi. BMW has 341 dealerships throughout the United States, while Audi has only 220. This might make it easier for you to find a BMW dealer nearby your home, especially in the suburbs.
- It could also help you find your desired BMW model in dealer inventory. This is important when buying a car. But it’s equally important to have a dealer close to your house if you need to service the vehicle. Not worth your time is travelling to distant dealers for service. Last year, BMW outsold Audi in America.
- This isn’t new. Audi in America has been outselling BMW since the 1980s. In 2018, Mercedes sold the most luxury cars in the United States. However, it was close. Mercedes sold 315 959 vehicles last year, only 4,000 more than BMW.
- Lexus came third in the year, and Audi was fourth with 223,323 units sold. Acura and Cadillac finished sixth and fifth, respectively. For much of the year, BMW X3 was their top-selling BMW model. Audi Q5 was their best-selling model.
Is Audi More Prestigious than BMW?
Many car buyers wish to buy a luxury-brand model. Which brand is more respected? Both are well-respected by their fan base. The dealerships will sell the latest models to their customers.
These are just a few of the considerations that you should make. This will help car buyers choose the right vehicle. Audi and BMW produce many different models. In time, the automaker makes both sedans and SUVs.
Prices of BMW & Audi
The model of the BMW 3 Series currently price of Rs. 46.90 Lakh, which is Rs. 3.78 Lakh more expensive than the base model of the Audi A4. 43.12 Lakh.
Frequently Ask Questions
Is Audi Better Than BMW And Mercedes?
Audi came 23rd from 29 manufacturers in our 2021 Driver Power customer Satisfaction survey. Audi beat Mercedes and BMW. Audi’s three-year/60,000-mile warranty is average but is less generous than many other manufacturers’ policies.
Which Is More Luxurious: The BMW Or The Audi?
The interiors of the Audi are more up-to-date than other models. BMW drivers will appreciate the elegant, refined interior. The outside is more modern than what the Audi is inside. Audi is the luxury brand you should choose if infotainment is essential to you.
How Much More Expensive Is It To Maintain An Audi Or BMW?
Examining the data shows that Audis and BMWs are the most expensive cars for maintenance over the first 10 years of their life. BMWs, however, have the dubious distinction of being at the top.
Which Is More Reliable? Audi Or BMW?
Which is better, BMW or Audi? Audi is not as reliable as BMW. All BMWs recently received an above-average predicted reliability rating. Its top-rated model is the 5 Series. However, the 2 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, and X1 and 5 Series also received impressive ratings.
Also read: Audi Q3 vs Q5. Which is Right for you?
It is challenging to determine who comes out on top in this Audi vs BMW fight. While both companies are fighting for attention and the same target market, the manufacturers focus on different specs.
Audi has the best tech and styling, but BMW offers a smoother, more sporty driving experience. While both brands score highly in safety features, Audi’s reliability ratings are significantly lower than that of BMW. Although the price differences aren’t significant, Audi’s reliability issues show up in the cost of repairs.
Both companies are similar, with similar product lines but have distinct appeals. BMW is the right choice if you prefer sporty and controlled driving. Audi has a sophisticated design and top-tier tech.